Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hot Grillin' Mama


There is really nothing better than a woman who knows her way around a grill.

It gives me great pleasure and pride to announce that "Mrs. Bullfrog" has taken the plunge and has learned how to do just that! I have been grilling and smoking food for her to enjoy for some time, and she has mentioned before that she wouldn't mind trying it for herself some time.

A couple weeks ago she asked me to show her how to get the charcoal started so she could use the Weber to cook some meat. We had a heat wave come through our neck of the woods and she didn't want to turn the stove on. So I showed her the ropes, and since then I have been able to enjoy delicious grilled goodness without even getting all dirty and smokey myself! And we are talking the more difficult way; no lighter fluid here, we use a charcoal chimney to get the coals going. She even knows how to arrange the coals so she has a few different temperature zones to work with (I'm tearing up...). Beautiful!

Last night she made a grilled scallop and shrimp salad with walnuts and feta cheese; it was awesome!

So, this summer just got better.

No comments: